Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Review: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

Hello again! So recently my local drugstore has launched some new products - and this time it's something else that is new from Revlon! It's the Revlon "Colorstay Moisture Stains." I've been trying these products for a couple of weeks now and I thought I would get back to you on my thoughts on these products! 



Where can I buy this product?
If you live in the UK and Ireland then they would stock these products in your local Boots store (Boots are currently holding a 2 for £10 on all Revlon cosmetics, when they retail for £7.99 each), however they haven't been released into Superdrug yet (as far as I'm aware.) If you live in America you will most likely be able to purchase this product in Target and in Walgreens. Unfortunately I am unsure of where else they would stock these products in other countries, if you are not living in the UK and Ireland or the USA leave a comment below telling others where they can buy these products! I'm fairly sure that they may stock them on Amazon or Ebay.

How many shades are there?
There is not a very big selection of shades. I am pretty sure that Boots stock more shades in store than they do online, but don't take my word for that (as they stock eight shades online, but I'm certain I saw more shades in my local store!) There are a range of neutral, nude, bright and dark lip shades. 

Is there a scent?
There are no overpowering scents, but there is still some-sort of scent. I would most likely describe the scent to this product similarly to PVA glue, which doesn't bother me at all, but I can smell it the most when I actually apply the product to my lips.

What are your thoughts on this product?
I actually really like this product, I think the colour is fairly true to what you see on the packaging. It doesn't last for the longest time, but it doesn't last for the shortest time. I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses (which is what I would say the formula of this product is most like, as it has a glossy finish) as they usually tend to feel quite heavy and sticky (depending on the product) on my lips, but this product is not heavy nor sticky, which is fantastic, and the colour pay-off is also pretty phenomenal, which did kind of surprise me! However when the colour does eventually fade off of your lips, it does leave you with a slight "stain" on your lips - just as the name of the product states. This product is also very easily buildable and it can also be made to look very natural, just by using your finger and blending out the product to your liking.

What are some cons on this product?
Of course the scent isn't the most appealing but it's honestly not that much of a bother as the scent doesn't stay on your lips.
If you're like me and are not blessed with smooth lips then you may also find that when you apply a lip product whether it's a lip gloss or lipstick, that the product seeps around the dry patches and seeps through the cracks on your lips, so of course this product would also do the same, just like a majority of lip products. Sometimes this product can come off a bit streaky, but I do think that comes down to the texture of your lips and the way you apply the product. But not to worry - I have you all covered with probably the best tips on how to get your lips smooth, which I have a full blog post on, so click here to go and see it!

Swatches:


What the product looks like on:


↑ "045 New York Scene" 


↑ "025 Cannes Crush" 

Sorry about how creepy the two pictures above look! But as you can see my lips look smooth from the prepping that I mentioned previously in this post and the Revlon lip product does not cling to any dry patches. It's amazing. As you can also see, there are no streaky lines. I applied one coat on both the top and bottom lip - for both shades of this product. 
Just a quick side note: Of course the shades on my lips shown above may look different on maybe your lips as we all have a different lip pigment.
Hopefully you lovely readers enjoy reading this product review, if you would like me to review anything else, be sure to leave a comment below!
What's your favourite shade?

21 comments:

  1. New York scene is such a gorgeous colour! This range seems nice, maybe I should try it out!
    Btw, it will be great if you could follow back on Bloglovin :)
    -Beverley (www.beverleykoh.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very stunning! You should, it's definitely worth checking it out. I'm following you now! (: x

      Delete
  2. i have the shade cannes crush and its soo lovely xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love coral lip products (: x

      Delete
  3. Cannes Crush looks so nice! www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found your blog and I love it! Followed you straight away xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you soo much, that's really lovely of you to say (:

      Delete
  5. Hey, I love your blog so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Find the questions on my blog :) xx

    http://smallandblondex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check it out! (: x

      Delete
  6. Oh I think I might have to pick up New York scene.

    your nails look lovely too!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it, especially with the offer Boots are currently holding! Aw thank you (:

      Delete
  7. Your nails are gorgeous in that picture. I haven't tried Revlon lip products yet, so maybe my first venture could be these lip stains. I love the packaging and not clinging to dry patches is a huge plus.

    Z.
    Love,Zauni.
    Vegas Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say! It's definitely worth trying out, but just make sure to exfoliate your lips before applying this lip product or any lip product for that matter! :D x

      Delete
  8. Cannes Crush look wonderful!!
    Lots of love, xx

    http://marysreturn.blogspot.com.ar/
    http://marysreturn.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly the most beautiful colour! X

      Delete
  9. These haven't come out in Australia stores yet, but we are extremely excited. We've read so many reviews and seen all the swatches, so now we're just waiting to get our hands on them! Have you tried the new eye shadow links from Revlon? We've heard mixed reviews, so we're not sure whether we should take the plunge

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - I was experiencing exactly the same for when they came out in America! I have actually tried them, I thought the packaging was pretty awesome, so I did buy them - however they're not the best. The pigmentation of a majority of the range is not really good. I have the shade "Taupe/Taupe" and the colour looks stunning, but when you swatch it, the colour isn't true to what you see, and when you put the colour on your eyelid you can barely see it! However I've heard that the darker/matte shades are more pigmented, which is fairly true. I also have the shade "Cocoa/Cacao" which is a matte, dark brown, and it's a little bit more vibrant than the other colour that I have, but it still is personally not worth the £2.99. A majority of the colours also tend to be quite patchy...But if you like the "No make-up" look then these would work well as they're not very noticeable! (:

      Delete
  10. I really need to try these, they just sound so lovely and I love Revlon lip products xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice - it's definitely worth trying out! P.S. Your blog is amazing (:

      Delete
  11. These look so lovely! Really need to head to boots soon to pick them up! I love your blog by the way :)

    http://emilyjane94.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete