Saturday, 4 April 2015

NEW: Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer

I would go as far as to say that I'm pretty much a concealer junkie, so when I saw this concealer flashing itself at me in Superdrug, I was instantly drawn to it - no word of a lie. 

This concealer retails for £5.49 at Superdrug.



Pros:
★ Full coverage 
★ Conceals under eyes amazingly well
★ Brightens under eyes, great for if you have darkness

Cons:
★ The formula of the concealer clings onto dry patches, make sure your skin/under eyes are well moisturised before use
★ I have the second to darkest shade, yet I still feel that I could go for the darkest shade because it brightens my under-eyes a bit too much

~

This concealer is a thick textured, full coverage concealer. Overall, I have mixed thoughts on this concealer. Some sections of my skin are quite dry at the moment, and the concealer just doesn't look nice on the dry areas, so I've avoided using it until my skin becomes a bit more hydrated again. 

I found that this product concealed fantastically under my eyes, I naturally have darkness in the inner corners and inner underneath section of my eyes, and this product did a great job at concealing and brightening, I did find that it brightened a bit too much for my liking, so I might try the next shade up. It did crease a little bit under my eyes, most likely because it's such a thick consistency. If you like the bright under-eyes/highlighting technique then you may really like this product, I personally like the more subtle concealing technique. 

This concealer is definitely worth trying out, just make sure to choose the right shade because I'm always the lightest shade when it comes to base make-up, so I'm quite surprised that I'm the darkest shade in this concealer range. There are 3 different shades in this whole range. 

Have you tried out this product, what are your thoughts on it? If not, what's your favourite concealer?

6 comments:

  1. Oooo i havent seen this concealer before, love the sound of it though!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this concealer and i don't feel it clings to my dry patches. I picked up the wrong shade though but i'm working with the lightest on in 010 porcelain which is way to light for me but i have been using it to highlight with and i am actually in love with this concealer and my have to pick up my proper shade soon.
    Becca
    www.lovefashionandmakeup14.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin's been playing up this last week, I have to give it another chance once it's gotten better x

      Delete
  3. i'm looking for an under eye concealer and this might just do the trick, I need this product.

    olivia - mycluelessmind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise they were realising this concealer and I just left it in Superdrug! I have really bad dark circles but at the same time I have very dry skin, so Im glad to hear what you've thought about it, before I bought it! Thats really strange about the colour selection too, normally Rimmel are quite good too!

    Eloise x
    mallowbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete